Come and work with us! We are looking for a full time sales person who would be interested in training to be the store manager within a few months of hiring. Here's the ad we are placing tomorrow - all of our own peeps get the jump! Please, no phone calls or stopping in about this position - email us at classes@Sew-LA.com with all the info listed below and we'll contact you for an interview if the fit looks right.
Fabric Shop & Sewing Classroom - Sales Position with Manager Potential
Sew L.A. is a boutique fabric shop and sewing classroom in Atwater Village, and we are looking for an experienced salesperson to join our team. Applicant must have experience sewing from commercial garment patterns to be considered for this position.
This is a full time position starting at $12 per hour for training and sales, with the strong potential to segue into a salaried manager position within 2-3 months of hiring. We are looking for just the right person to help run the retail shop!
This position requires:
- Exemplary customer service & communication skills
- A strong retail background - styling and merchandising a storefront is a must
- In-depth knowledge of sewing garments - please don't apply if you cannot sew
- Weekend availability - Sat and Sun are our busiest days
- A positive attitude and superior organization skills
- Familiarity with and access to social media (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest etc...)
- Previous experience working for a small business a plus
- The ability to think on one’s feet and make sensible decisions is valued over a formal education
- Customer service, sales and class signups
- Opening and closing the shop
- Merchandising and displays
- Inventory management and assisting owner with orders
- Keeping the shop clean and organized
- Promoting via social media
- Occasional posts for our blog (projects, events, tutorials)
- Help with and attendance at our parties and events
What we offer:
- $12.00 per hour starting pay
- Discounts on patterns & fabric - we encourage you to dress handmade
- Half-price or free sewing classes to further your skills
- A vibrant community of makers
- A resume with a cover letter that notes why you are perfect for this position
- Professional references (these do not need to be sewing related)
- A few pictures of recent sewing projects
We look forward to hearing from you!