Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring 2011 Quilt Market: Moda and Art Gallery


The second day of Quilt Market saw me meeting up with my lovely Moda rep, Laura, after a mad dash to the convention center. Those acre-long blocks just about killed me! The two designers that really grabbed me were Aneela Hoey and Cosmo Cricket - both had separate mini-booths in Moda-land where their fabrics were shown off. Aneela's latest collection is called 'Little Apples' and it has TURTLES!





And a wee hedgehog...


Everyone knows I am a sucker for yarn dyes, so I picked out these four with visions of Schoolhouse Tunics dancing in my head!





This next group is what pulled me in to Moda in the first place - Cosmo Cricket's 'Circa 1934'. I just love the vintage colors, and the typeset fabric is beyond cool.





We have been carrying Art Gallery fabric for a few seasons now, and can always count on them for amazing florals with saturated colors. A few geometric prints to round out the order!







Join me tomorrow for the next post - new Joel Dewberry, Anna Maria Horner, Amy Butler, Valori Wells - and some adventures in Salt Lake City!

No comments: