It's official - we need another teacher! If you think you have the chops to join our stellar teaching team, send the info listed below to us at classes (at) sew-la (dot) com!
Here's our ad from Craigslist to give you an idea of what we are looking for. Pay is $15 - 20 per hour depending on experience.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Sew L.A. is looking for professional, experienced and engaging sewing instructors for our Los Angeles classroom.
We are a fabric shop with a large classroom for both group classes and private lessons located in the Atwater Village area of Los Angeles. Take a look at our website to get a feel for what we do!
We have a fantastic team of garment construction, patternmaking and quilting teachers - are you the right person to join us?
This is a part time, subcontractor position with flexible hours. Our classes take place on weekends during the day (11am - 6pm) and from 6:30 - 9:30pm during the week. Private lessons may be scheduled at your discretion.
This position requires:
- In-depth knowledge of sewing garments - please don't apply if you cannot sew
- Weekend and evening availability
- A positive attitude and familiarity with social media
- Retail and / or office experience is a plus
- Organization, punctuality and reliability
- Training on and teaching existing Sew L.A. classes
- Promoting classes via social media
- Helping students find what they need in our fabric shop
- Developing and teaching new classes (after training period)
- Teaching private lessons
- Occasional posts for our blog (projects, events, tutorials)
- Attendance at our parties and events
We will train you for:
- Using many different brands of home sewing machines
- Teaching our Sew L.A. classes
- Writing your own classes
- Retail sales
- A resume with a cover letter that notes your sewing experience
- Professional references (these do not need to be sewing related)
- A few pictures of recent sewing projects
We look forward to hearing from you!
Addendum: the lovely and amazing Heather will be joining our team starting in March 2015. But we are ALWAYS looking for crafty teachers and workshops so do not despair - if you think you'd like to work with us drop us a line at classes (at) sew-la (dot) com!